Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Today is not a good day.  Casey woke up not feeling well.  He took his temperature and had a fever of 100.9.  He currently has no immune system, so any temperature over 100.5 is an automatic admission into the hospital.  Till I got home from work and got him up to the Hospital, (around 12:30 pm) his fever was 102.5.  They have him hooked up to antibiotics and have taken jars and vials of blood.  My sister, Debbie, is the microbiology supervisor here at Hershey Med.  I called her on my way up here and fortunately she got things cleared for take off, and was waiting for Casey with a wheelchair.   He is back in room 6126 again.  Debbie has take his cultures down to her lab.  Special Delivery..I think everyone is impressed! 
They just picked him up to take him for a chest xray, so he's not in the room and we can talk about him.  He was unable to walk the 6 steps from his hospital bed to the stretcher without assistance. I am really no good at the nursing end of things, so I am the first person to ask for help.  If you have ever seen anyone who is neutropenic (no immune system) get a fever, you understand why I am so neurotic about him washing his hands and staying germ free.  He said he can't remember ever feeling this bad...I said that's because you were unconcious the last time.  I had to ask him if I could turn on the Phillies game.  You know he's feeling bad.  When Stevie gets sick, she whines a lot. When Casey doesn't feel good, he gets angry.  So right now, he is down right pissed off!
Keep those prayers coming!
Peggy

2 comments:

  1. Hey Casey, I hope your fever is going down. I hope the antibiotics kick in and kick some ass!

    Judy Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI CASEY MISS YOU AT KEYSTONE. GET WELL SOON SO WE SEE YOU BACK HERE. YOUR FRIEND ANNA MAE SNYDER.PS MISS TALKING TO YOU WHILE MAKING TICKETS. PRAYING FOR YOU.

    ReplyDelete