Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Friday night Casey's fever went up to 105.5.  Gary and I put wet towels on him to try to get the fever down.  It brought it down, but it kept going back up.  He has gotten blood and platelets on a regular basis.  We came in on Saturday Morning to find him hooked up to a heart moniter.  During the night his heart rate went up and they got a cooling blanket to try to keep his fever down.  He had a rough day yesterday, but then last night he started feeling better.  When I came in this morning, he looked better than he had all week, and was a real grump.  So I knew things were turning around finally.  But now he has developed pneumonia on top of the blood infection.  They moved him into another room under isolation and negative pressure.  Tomorrow he is scheduled for a bronchioscope to try to figure out where the pneumonia is coming from.  He has more things hanging on him than a Christmas tree.  The good news is, his temperature, blood pressure and heart rate seem to be somewhat under control.
Sorry, he has not been answering phone calls, he really has not been up to it. 
I'll keep you posted.
Peggy

2 comments:

  1. Dear Peggy

    I used to be an ICU nurse. I can only imagine the stress of all of this. Vancomycin is a great drug and hopefully is beginning to help. I was concerned when you told me how low the blood pressure was the other evening. I'm sure Casey is being very well monitored and getting the best of treatment. I will continue to pray for him daily and your family too. I hope the scope goes well and they can isolate the infection.

    Judy Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey I heard Stevie was at the PAAC meet and you were back in the Hospital. I sent you some funny emails hoping you get time to check them out. If you need anyone to donate blood to replace what you use in your transfusions let me know ok? I was a regular donor so Im more than happy to drop a pint or two! Hang in there my man. If you need anything you have my number. By the way I just returned my Marrow donor kit I told you about so I'm going to know in a couple weeks if I can help anyone.....or you! :>) I mean come on....you know you want a little polish in you dude. John Ebert

    ReplyDelete