Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 1, 2013

Casey was admitted into the hospital last night.  This place is a lot nicer than my hotel.  The room has 2 televisions and a sofa.  His food is served by people dressed in black and white tuxedo outfits, and he says is tastes good.  We arrived at the hospital at 7:15 am yesterday and he was admitted into his room at 9:15 pm.  I ended up sleeping on his sofa and walking back to my hotel this morning.  He was given a transfusion last night and has started his drug this morning.  So far so good.  His discharge date will be Monday, May 13th.  I have gotten a some requests for his address in the hospital
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Paul "Casey" Coble - G1642
PO Box 300206
Houston, TX  77230-0206
The other day we were walking through the hospital with a group of other people, when a woman picked me out of the crowd of cancer patients and said "you will get through this, stay strong".  Reminded me of the time at the state swim meet where they picked me out to direct me to the handicap seating area.  Thinking I better get a physical.  I did have to cancel my haircut appointment....must look worse than I thought.
Also a huge thank you to Eric & Kathleen Mohr for being so very kind and generous.
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment