Thursday, October 3, 2013

October 3, 2013

Since my last post, we found out that Stevie is not at match for the transplant. We still do not know what is going to happen with that.
My sister, Debbie had to go to MD Anderson to do a lab inspection. Of all the hospitals in the country and the timing of it all. She only does two a year. Debbie invited me to come out with her. All I had to do was get a plane ticket, she had the hotel. How could I pass that one up? I watched the prices of the flights and thought it wasn't meant to be, then a week before leaving a price came up that I couldn't turn down. Debbie flew out on Wednesday and did her inspection on Thursday and Friday. I flew out on Thursday, had dinner with Casey, Charlie, Melissa and Brandon. I got to meet the puppy, and Casey dropped me off at her hotel that evening. On Friday, I went to Casey's appointments with him and by that time Debbie was finished with her inspection. Debbie was able to slip away from her inspection on Thursday to go see Dr. Thomas with Casey for his weekly appointment. Casey joined us at Debbie's hotel on Friday and Saturday night. She was staying in a 5 star hotel. We always stay in the Quality Inn. There was a big difference. I felt like a celebrity at the Hotel ZaZa. Friday night we went out to dinner and a waiter dropped a whole tray of food on Casey. The restaurant was dark and we panicked thinking Casey was bleeding (not a good thing when you have blood cancer), turns out it was refried beans. Dinner was on Casey (literally) that night. The restaurant comped all of our meals. Casey had Saturday off, so we took Aunt Debbie to some of our favorite places. Casey and Lauren found a great place for brunch, so we went there, and I really enjoyed the Kemah Boardwalk, so we went there too. Sunday, Casey had his hospital visit and we checked out of the Hotel ZaZa, took Aunt Debbie to the airport and checked into the Quality Inn for one night. Casey and I went to the Woodlands Mall and took a water taxi ride and he went into Williams and Sonoma with me. He is much more patient than his father. Monday I flew home and Casey is back at Charlie's house. I can tell he is really feeling at home with them. It makes me feel so good. Charlie and Melissa are such wonderful people, I hope they know how much I appreciate all that they have done for us!!
Casey comes home on October 12 for 2 weeks and I am back to work and at home with Gary and the dogs, wondering where the next step will take us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in Tampa visiting our daughter Lisa. I just caught up on your last several posts. How wonderful that you could spend some time with your sister and your son! I pray that a perfect donor match will be found.