Monday, October 28, 2013

October 28, 2013

My last post I said Stevie is not a donor match for Casey, well Friday evening Casey got a phone call saying Stevie is a match and she needs to be in Houston on November 11 for pre-testing. They are going to do a bone marrow transplant. Casey's previous transplants have been stem cell transplants. They will put Stevie under and stick her with 80-100 needles in her hip to scrape out her bone marrow. I think this will take place around November 16th. Casey got the phone call while he was on deck coaching. Pretty much they told him in 3 days he would be going to Houston and staying until mid March. Kinda got his head spinning! Stevie was right on it, she booked her flight (one way), she is very excited to be able to do this for Casey. She will now have something to hold over his head forever!
Casey left today, and I will be leaving tomorrow for Houston for what we thought would be round 5 of 5 treatments. I suppose we will be apartment hunting instead....I am not really sure. The transplant team said they still have to run it by his oncologist. Dr. Thomas is a force to be reckoned with. If she says no, there is no way the transplant is happening as scheduled. I sure am glad to have her on our side. I am sure we will know more tomorrow.
Because holiday flights are hard to get at a reasonable price, Casey booked his flight home already for the day before Thanksgiving according to his treatment schedule. I have been nagging him for years about his procrastination. Well I guess this one came back to bite me. Will let you know more when I find out!

1 comment: