Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Last night Casey and Stevie had a great time at the World Series.  The win made it even better.  Stevie has really been a huge help taking over a lot of the coaching and taking him to Hershey for his treatments.  I don't know what I would do without all of her help.  So for them to be able to go see the Phillies play in the world series last night was a well deserved night out for both of them.  She is also able to keep Casey up to date on what each of the swimmers are doing.  They talk sets and intervals, and who went what, daily.

Casey went to practice tonight.  One more day of freedom before he gets admitted into the hospital and they beat him up again.  I was at his house tonight and saw he had a phone message from his oncologist, asking him to call the hospital and have him paged.  I called Casey immediately and told him to call (you don't get a direct call from your doctor very often).  Casey lashed out at me telling me he was on his way to practice...... I could tell by his anger that he was concerned.  About 10 minutes later (a really long 10 minutes), Casey called me back to tell me Dr. Ehmann wanted to let him know the results of his bone marrow biopsy show he is in remission!!!! Yeah!  They will continue to give him chemo treatments until they are able to come up with a match for the transplant.  With blood cancers you have to keep treating, because it keeps regenerating.  But this is a huge step in the right direction.  Thank you for all of your prayers!

I hope your Tuesday is as good as ours!
Peggy

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's awesome news, so happy for Casey!!!! He looks really good too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great News about the current remission.
    Go Phills!!!!!

    ReplyDelete