Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 8, 2014

I'm here in Houston with Casey. The weather has been cold here too, but there is relief in sight. Predicting high 60s today and 70s tomorrow. We have a busy week. We spent most of the day at the hospital on Thursday for his normal treatment and check-up. Yesterday he had an endoscopy. He was not allowed to eat or drink anything after midnight and they only did the procedure at 4:30pm. Monday he goes to the hospital for normal treatment and check-up. The mini transplant which was scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, is now scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday, which will give them time for the pathology report on the endoscopy. The glitch is that I am scheduled to go home on Wednesday afternoon and Eric is scheduled to arrive. The doctor is aware of the schedule conflict and is working with us to have Casey be finished early on Wednesday. I hope he is able to drive me to the airport. I can always call a cab, if needed. The most important thing is getting Eric here on time for the UNC vs dook basketball game on Wednesday night. Eric is a friend from UNC. Brings back fond memories of watching UNC basketball in 2005 on Rosemary Street with a house full of students. We watched UNC win the semi finals, followed by a trip to Franklin Street where everyone was celebrating and having a great time. 2 days later they went on to win the national championship, but I was home in PA and missed that celebration. I have so many great memories of Chapel Hill, there was never a dull moment.
I pulled the January page off of the calendar in Casey's apartment to find February is well marked with the Great Event of February 9th. Tomorrow is Stevie's birthday and she surely does not want it to go un-noticed. She left her mark! Sorry, I will not be home to celebrate with Stevie, but I didn't forget. I hope you have a wonderful day. I will make it up to you! I got a whole bunch of rubber gloves, masks and syringes for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment