Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September 30, 2009

I am sitting in Casey's room watching him sleep, while he is watching the Phillies. He reminds me of his dad!
Today he had chemo shot into his spine, which is never his favorite way to spend an afternoon. Can't say as though I blame him.
You have heard of therapy dogs that come to visit patients in the hospital? They are not allowed in this wing (no flowers either), so he has a therapy Bob. Big Bob Bethards. His wife is a physician here, and his daughter is a med student here, so Big Bob is very comfortable in the hospital. His son Joey is an LAC alum. Big Bob comes to see Casey every day and brings him Hershey Bars and a lot of grief! I know he looks forward to the grief more than the candy.
We have his blackberry hooked up to his laptop, so he now has internet access. He asked me to say thank you to everyone for all of your phone calls, cards, nice notes on facebook, emails and concerns.
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment